Take a seat for these must-see games and sporting events around Houston from Monday, October 11 through Sunday, October 17, 2021.
This week, the Dash ends its regular season with one final push for the playoffs, the Dynamo is home to one of MLS’s top teams, and you can dip your toes in a variety of fitness workouts, or get down to the gym. street in two very different stages of racing events.
Want to learn more about the sports that take place around H-Town? Find more live games and sports throughout the month in the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 5 games and sporting events in Houston this week
- Child Advocates Superhero Run 2021 at CityCentre | saturday 16 october – Back in person this year, the Superhero Run 2021 raises funds for Child Advocates, an organization that has been helping abused children with support, medical and psychological help, and a commitment to school for over thirty years. Participants are encouraged to don their favorite heroes’ costumes during the 5K Run / Walk or the 1K Kids Run. Registration is $ 35 for 5K; $ 20 for the 1K Kids Run. 8h.
- Galveston 10K Toughest at Galveston Causeway Bridge | saturday 16 october – Spread the blood in the morning on this intimidating 10k that sends runners from the Galveston County Daily News offices across the 72-foot-high Galveston Causeway Bridge and back again. Registration is $ 60 until Tuesday, October 12; $ 65 until the day of the race; $ 75 the day of the race. 7:30 am.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Seattle Sounders FC at BBVA Stadium | saturday 16 october – Catch the Dynamo in one of their last home games of the regular season when they face the formidable Seattle Sounders FC at EaDo. Tickets range from $ 20 to over $ 100, but you can find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30 p.m.
- Houston Dash vs. Portland Thorns FC at BBVA Stadium | Sunday 17th October – In their final home game of the regular season, the Dash will host one of the league’s strongest teams, Portland Thorns FC, which includes USWNT champions Lindsey Horan, Meghan Klingenberg and Becky Sauerbrunn. Tickets range from $ 12 to over $ 50, but you can find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6 p.m.
- taste of fitness at the Spindletap brewery | Sunday 17th October – The North Houston Brewery is hosting a fitness studio tour with this event that features 25-minute back-to-back workouts, bonus meditation, and a health and wellness marketplace. Introduce yourself to yoga, boxing, weight training, and more during this morning workout bargain. Tickets cost $ 30. 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.